I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Get on Out There!

Okay so I LOVE Giraffes. I never thought I'd be one of "those" people. You know, the ones that have like fleece blankets with Wolves on them or tattoos of Tigers on their arms; crazy people. But I just cannot help myself. It's the Zoo's fault really. Their Giraffes keep having babies and now the Roger Williams Park Zoo has a 24-hour Giraffe Cam! What?! Granted I'll never get a Giraffe tramp stamp or carry around a Giraffe-print purse but I am shopping around for the perfect Giraffe bracelet charm and my best friend and his wifey did give me a gorgeous Giraffe sculpture for Christmas, so you can call me a little obsessed.

Well friends, no one told me about Six Flags Safari!!! Holy crap! Check this place out:


Okay, we did not go on the off-road adventure. That crap costs extra and girlfriend ain't about to pay to be squished up next to strangers in some rickety van climbing over man-made hills and whatnot. We did drive through on the regular paved trail though and that was enough! Check this out!

Hi, I'm a Giraffe just, you know, hanging out in the road as people drive by...No big deal...

Is that not the awesomest sight you've ever seen!?!?! Imagine rolling up on this big guy! I know you've all driven by deer and geese in the road but hello?!? Giraffe!!!

You have no idea how hard it was for me to allow our to continue through the park-I would have stayed right next to him (okay I didn't check but it actually might have been a her) all damn day! Just look! Look!


Are you getting the awesome?

No?

Well here we go, let's see if this shot I took for the soul purpose of showing how close he was, gets you excited:


How can you drive away?!

If Giraffes aren't your thing just wait, they have TONS to see! Elephants anyone?


Or possibly Exotic birds?


Yes, those guys are right outside my door. They actually pecked at my side door mirror. So cool! If you get the chance, go and visit Six Flags Safari in New Jersey. Yes, you have to go to Jersey for the awesomeness (I'm so sorry) but it'll be worth it in the end. It's a little pricey but trust me when I say you will not be disappointed. While you can't drive through with your windows down, you are allowed to take your time when driving through the park; we went around in two hours time from start to finish and I came away with over a hundred pictures! Afterward we went into the Amusement park itself and spent the rest of the day riding rides and eating terribly expensive and fattening foods-such fun!

I wish I could post all of the pictures but most of you are friends with me on Facebook and can see them all there so go do that. Also, for funsies, go on YouTube and type in Six Flags Safari to see the videos other people have taken while driving through the park. It's a great time waster and will definitely make you want to get there as soon as you can!







No comments:

Post a Comment