I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Don't Call it a Crush

It's love. Pure, absolute, gushy love!

Ya'll know about "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore; at least, you should know about it. Well, I'm obsessed with this silly song and recently Joe sent me a text that read "Go on YouTube and check out "Same Love" by Macklemore, have your tissues ready", the dude gets me, what can I say.

Sure enough, I'm curled up with my iPad a few minutes later and crying my eyes out.

Later on in the week Joe played the rest of the album for me and I just cannot help myself, the man is a God to me now. He's handsome, can rap-and raps about stuff that MATTERS, believes in the same stuff I believe in, and has a sense of humor. How can I not be in love?

Here's "Thrift Shop" for those of you living under a rock:


So fun!

Here's the song Joe told me about that lead me to fall head over heels, "Same Love":




"I might not be the same, but that's not important. No freedom til we're equal, damn right I support it"

I wish more rappers would put this kind of stuff on wax. Yes, there are plenty of important issues that rappers wave the banner for, but those songs usually get overshadowed by the hits about bitches, hoes and rims. I wish songs like "Same Love" could get the same kind of radio play that songs like "Back That Ass Up" gets. Just sayin'.

I like that he collaborates with different people and again, while he raps about important issues, also takes the time to have a little fun. 

Here's a song I found while creepin' Macklemore's YouTube videos. It's not his, but it's funny, smart and obviously supported by my man Ben (that's Macklemore's name ya'll). "Pot Shop":



Now, I'm not saying he's the greatest rapper of all time or anything like that, but he makes me smile. I hope he blows up in a big way so he can get his positive messages out there. I know Lady Gaga is all about equality, but I personally feel like the more support certain issues receive from a diverse group of people, the easier it is to spread that message to every corner of the Earth. 

Check out his album, The Heist, he has some other really nice songs about childhood memories, and also some silly "typical" rap songs like one where he talks about everything being gold or the one about his castle.  

Oh my goodness, how I like him!


And he's my age! Ben, call me!! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment