I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Relatives

Mine are amazing.

My cousin is never on Facebook. She's hates it actually, refused to join. Her friends made a page for her and she still hadn't touched it for years.

Today she posted the following:

Don't go on FB much, but today I'm on a soapbox! Don't get me MAD!


Our United States Constitution says that everyone is created equal. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and lepers and ALWAYS treated them with the utmost respect - read your Bible - he washed their feet. Would you? Our new Pope Francis HAS. Mary let her Son "consort" with them - "those people". 

If married Catholics can have a divorce rate of 54% (and only have an 18% annulment rate - go to the Catholic register), what is the problem? Mike and I have been together for 30 years. We've been married for 24. I see couples break up their marriages before that, while "those other couples" surpass that. Seriously? My religious beliefs shouldn't be above what Jesus dictated in the New Testament - read it. It's not about any of my narrow beliefs - it's about Jesus' big picture of "can't we all just get along?" Our Bible says we're all made in God's image. So YOU'RE saying GOD was wrong? You really think you're that almighty????

To all of my gay friends in happy relationships - welcome to our fresh relationship hell! (Y'all know what I mean!) We all know the Bible says marriage is for procreation - that's always the big talking point they use to prove that being gay is wrong; But, if you are married and decided not to have children or can't, then you are wrong in the eyes of the Church, right? You shouldn't be married if you can't have a child, right? Again, seriously? If you use artificial insemination are your children then an abomination?  Really? NO! Each life is a blessing. And every child that has a parent to love them is truly blessed. That is what I have learned from reading my Bible. 

I will now get off my liberal Jesus (just read about Him, He was the FIRST Liberal) soap box and deal with all of my "friends" who will quote me inane passages telling me how wrong I am. How I need to reevaluate... Haters will always be around to "help" us. Just ask the slaves.... oh wait... that Liberal Abe Lincoln stopped that. Huh... 



This is who I'm related to. These are the type of people who made me who I am. I have never been more proud. Go Kris, go-you are the best!

Sidenote: I spell-checked this for you, love you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment