I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Them Bones, Them Bones.....

Happy Halloween everyone!! Or should I say, Merry Christmas?



Can you believe this weather?! Just BANANAS! I don't know about the rest of you, but in our area, the damage has been worse from this snowstorm then when Hurricane Irene came barreling through. And with Irene we were at least prepared!

I actually had to bite the bullet and accept that I have pathetic feet. I sold my soul and purchased Ugg-like boots for myself! Joe was embarrassed to be seen with me but he understands. Girlfriend's feet have NO circulation what so ever. I double up on socks, make sure I'm wearing shoes that totally cover my feet, all to no avail. My toes are about to fall off over here people!

I got my Godsmack (that's "bad Karma" for any of you not down with metal lingo circa 1999) for it today though. My "FUggs" are lined with a thin layer of fabric on the bottoms (I don't know why they put that on cheap shoes these days but I've purchased other shoes with fabric soles too) so everytime I set foot on a smooth surface I nearly faceplant/slide into a split/pull something important and flail around like an amateur ice skater, all in the center of very public places. It's not a hot look people. But at least my feet are warm...silver lining?

Anyways, moving on. I haven't posted an unemployment update in the past few posts because it was getting harder to keep track and added a slight air of sadness to my posts I wasn't really a fan of. But hopefully it will all be over soon; I've started training with a new company in town and it looks like they might like me enough to pay me on a regular basis! I'll let you know for sure as to whether or not they give me the green light but things are looking good I think.

I hope all of you are staying safe and warm during Mother Nature's sanity break. Thankfully we got power back last night and are having two of Joe's friends crash with us tonight so they don't have to spend another night huddled around a fireplace twiddling their unwashed thumbs. (Plus Joe's been dying to play video games with his homie) So we're having a sleep over night! Goodluck to the rest of you and I hope wherever you are, you're happy and healthy even if you're a little chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment