I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who You Gonna Call??

I have been waiting for this day for nearly two months! Ghostbusters is in theaters this month!
Every Thursday in October, you can catch the original film on the big screen!! The moment I heard about this I started checking the Ghostbusters fan page on Facebook (yes, I love the film THAT much) for any and all updates so I can find out just when I'd be able to see my boys on the silver screen.
Check your local listings to find it in a theater near you, but I know for a fact that the AMC theater in Danbury will be playing it every Thursday at 7pm in October.

I have been counting down to today for over a week. Joe and I even used the film as an excuse to turn the afternoon into a nice date night and we'll be grabbing dinner before setting off to see one of the greatest films of all time.

Don't think I'm that big of a fan?
Well, when we were younger, my sister and I spent a full year watching it every single night. My sister even started writing down the lines from the movie while we'd watch. One day, I discovered a vendor in our local mall had a copy of the script and I begged my mom to buy it for my sister so she wouldn't have to worry about missing anything writing it herself.

I have even been known to spot the differences between widescreen and normal viewings of the movie. I have to watch it in widescreen because I get mad and always have to explain to people I'm catching the film with, what's going on off to the side of the screen because it's partially cut off. So annoying! There's just too many amazing little gestures and facial expressions you miss out on-don't deprive yourselves people!

I'm not going to leave you with any clips because I can't seem to find anything good to post. Instead I'll leave you with the music video that Huey Lewis and the News should have done, but they declined, so enjoy a little Ray Parker Jr. and go see Ghostbusters! Seriously people-I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment