I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

There Outta Be a Law....

Against making things like this:

How mean does a person have to be to purchase this? Just evil!

Now I would think anyone in this neck of the woods would know right away that the Tarantula coming at them is a fake as they aren't native in this part of the country but still, you'd pee just a little before figuring it out wouldn't you?

I never used to have a problem with spiders. Used to be I come across one and either leave it alone or introduce it to the bottom of my shoe. Now I see one and I jump and get enraged that the eight legged bugger dared enter my sanctum. Then I introduce it to my boot. Yes, I've been known to take off my shoe in the middle of a room, one foot exposed to the elements, just so I could crush an eight legged invader. I'm that serious about keeping my place spider-free. The problem with spiders though, is you're never free of them. They like to hide and only show their faces (or million eyes/fangs-covered heads) when they think no one is around; they find a corner seemingly undisturbed and set up shop. Well no thank you! You wanna live in peace and harmony? Do it outdoors and please let me be! Blah! I just don't like 'em!

Then I see this sucker on LikeCool.com today and I can just imagine the horror a person could unleash on unsuspecting friends and family with that remote-controlled monstrosity. Yuck yuck yuck!

Granted I've been that jerk in the past too. My aunt and uncle used to have this rubber rat in their apartment in Flushing, NY that I used to love to hold up to my sister and squeak at her. The thing really freaked her out and I of course would always be scolded for terrorizing her but darnit, it was such a rush! 


This is what it looked like, red eyes and all. The tail was so long it would wave back and forth as if it really were alive and the rat itself was quite large (or seemed to be when I was 7) so I can see why it freaked my 3 year old sister out. But it's a rite of passage as an older sibling isn't it? We all go through that one moment in which we find sheer delight in making our brothers or sisters run away or hide behind the couch to avoid facing the "creepy" things we'd throw at them. 

My brother did it to me too so don't think I'm a bad kid. Actually, my sister loves Halloween and watches any scary movie you put in front of her now so obviously I didn't cause her any permanent danger. I just hope she doesn't get wind of ole spidey and look for some little sister revenge....


No comments:

Post a Comment