I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Golden Man

I don't know how many of you watched the Oscars this past Sunday. I did. I quite liked it actually and almost all of the actresses looked fabulous. Even the ones that didn't have the best dresses weren't really that bad either.

My friend Randi lives and works in LA and has been lucky to be able to stand on the sidelines at the Red Carpet for the past two years. This year she was front and center and everytime the Pre-Oscar Red Carpet shows turned there cameras on a newly arrived star, there she was looking fabulous herself and obviously having a wonderful time.

Hi Randi!

Jealous? You should be, I certainly am.

Now, I will say, while everyone looked more or less together, there still were a handfull (less then a handfull) of actresses whose outfits just didn't hit the mark. Co-Host Anne Hathaway had about 6 different dress changes and all of them were stunning. Some weren't my first pics of course but all in all she looked very nice throughout the entire show.



The one person I really made a face over everytime the camera looked her way, was Amy Adams . And I feel bad saying that considering I literally just blogged about a movie she's in. But the whole outfit just looked off.



The dress is nice, again, not my first choice, but the way she decided to put everything together gave us a final product that just didn't work. Had she put her hair up, off of her shoulders, I think the high-neck dress would have been more stunning. And the jewelry? I'm sorry, just no. When you're wearing a dress in such a deep rich blue AND you're covered in sequins, honey, you need to re-think your accessories.
Had she done an up-do with chandelier earrings, I think she would have been just as lovely as Nicole Kidman. Mind you, those need to be the most understated chandelier earrings in the world-not the hot mess picked out by Marissa Tomei.



She was another one that just couldn't complete the look. Her hair was a hot mess and the earrings she picked were just awful. The dress itself wasn't too exciting either. I think if it had been strapless, it would have made much more of an impact.

My feelings about all of this are, when you're spending crazy money on these really expensive, can only be worn once, dresses-they should stand alone. Don't go crazy with the accessories and make sure the rest of you looks as put together and cared for as the dress your holding up.
There's a reason girls spend hundreds of dollars each year on prom..... We're not gonna squeeze ourselves into our dress only to show up without having showered or combed our hair. I'm just sayin'

And Mandy Moore? What is this?



This is the Oscars. Who put you in a dress with a halter-top bustier? Just no. This ain't no MTV awards, a little classier next time if you please. The bottom half of the dress is wonderful-so why ruin it with a Madonna-style top half? Just why? I mean I know she didn't design the thing, but she did think it was a smart move to put it on....

I would say something about Cate Blanchett's outfit but dammit, if it were Lady Gaga in that thing ya'll would have wondered why she was so dressed down, so I'm not gonna hate on Queen Elizabeth. That woman can wear a garbage sack for the rest of her life and people will still beat down her door to read their scripts-chick is that good. So go on with you're odd bubble-big-circle-cut-out-pastel-with-mustard-stains-on-the-collar-looking self. Work it Queenie, work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment