I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oh, You Fancy Huh?

I have come to the realization that I have a slight obsession with earrings.
I can't stop buying them. The fact that I make my own and get a discount on them through Lia, only amplifies this sickness.

The worst part about the whole thing? I don't even wear them! I have one $5 pair of tiny hoops I bought at Target that I wear all day-everyday. The only time I switch it up and wear one of the dozens of pairs in my collection is when we're going to a wedding or event that requires a little fancy-ing up.
Don't think it's as big of an issue as I do? Consider this...

I just placed my first order in a long, long time with Lia and I bought four pairs of earrings! Scratch that-five! I was so excited to order the new earrings I ended up ordering the same pair twice and now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for my credit to come back so I can get a different pair!

So I've made it my new mission to wear a different pair everyday. No matter what other jewelry I have on that day, I MUST switch up my earrings. Today I'm wearing Twix by Lia Sophia to go with this amazing new Bouquet necklace I got.


Granted, I cared more about getting the necklace, but rather then just sticking with the same old pair of hoops, I added Twix to complete the look without making things look too matchy-matchy (see, the City-Olivia is just awful btw..) 

So now I'm on this mission to stop wasting my money on stuff and start benefiting from all of these great pieces. 

We actually have to "dress nice" this week at the office so I have even more motivation to crack open the jewelry box and show off my lovely gems. 
Hopefully I can keep this up. I know I'll continue to buy earrings, I just need to make sure I'm actually making the purchases worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment