I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

By Royal Decree...

Are we not peeing ourselves for the Royal wedding this Friday?!? I'm so excited! I made Joe set up our DVR to record the entire day across about 10 different channels-I will not be missing anything!
The DVR will start recording around 3am (yes some channels will have all of the events playing live) and running until about 10pm. That's well over 12 hours of non-stop recording people-I think I'm covered!
Just to be extra safe, I will not be signing into Facebook or MSN.com or listening to the radio all day so no one spoils the awesomeness for me. Hooray for pomp, circumstance, and God Save the Queen!!


In other news.... Joe's awesome cousin Hannah just got back from a school trip in which she spent an entire week touring Spain! Lucky girl! I had friends in high school that went on a similar class trip and for some reason it wasn't as big of a deal to me back then. One gal did get a pair of really nice leather boots on her trip, but for some reason I wasn't as envious at the time.
Regardless-she went and from what Joe tells me, had a blasty blast! She even brought back some lovely gifts for everyone in the family (including me!)

Now as you all might recall, Joe is only slightly obsessed with Barcelona's soccer team and when he heard Barcelona was one of the areas Hannah would get to explore he cried for days turned positively green with envy and demanded begged her to bring him a jersey. While she was away, the team actually announced they would be changing their jerseys for next season because they had switched sponsors. Here's the new look that made Joe want to kill himself:


and


Are they not completely hideous?! Just blah! (Okay honestly I don't think they're that bad-I just really hate the font used for the sponsors name...and I hate the fact that they ditched Unicef but let's move on...) So at this point Joe made it his mission to get the current jersey before they would be up on EBay for a million bucks/gone forever.
Well, luckily for Joe-his cousin loves him a whole lot. Here's the gem she brought home for him:


She didn't get him the matching shorts or anything, but Joe was just blown away and was wearing it when I got home from visiting my family Easter Sunday-all proud as can be. Very cool. 

She also picked up a pair of beautiful glass earrings for me created by glass studio Luesma Vega. Check out their site here. It's pretty sweet. I couldn't find any pictures of their commercial work but the earrings I received are tiny bright orange glass squares with a simplistic line pattern etched in them. Very cute and thoughtful indeed! I just love the fact that I can tell people that ask me about them that they are from Barcelona. I just LOVE them! After going through the studios website, I found out that 90% of all the glass used in their pieces is recycled. So are all of the shipping and packaging materials - pretty damned awesome! Go Spain!

I still don't speak the language or really have a desire to travel there myself anytime soon-but who doesn't love getting presents from a foreign country? FUN! Thanks Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment