I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bleed It Out

My Birthday is coming up. 
This year my mother and I will be getting our first tattoos together. 
I LOVE donating blood-it's the best thing you can do next to voting. 
You cannot donate blood for at least 1 full year after getting a tattoo. 

Unfortunately, given my schedule, I won't be able to donate before getting my tattoo. This is a little heartbreaking for me. I know a year goes by fast, but it's really going to crush me to drive past Blood Drive signs and know I won't be able to pull over and donate.

So I'm reaching out and asking you folks to give me a birthday present. Go donate. There is a great need for donations and it doesn't cost you a thing-they even give you cookies afterward!

Here's the link to the Red Cross website. Simply enter your zipcode and the time line you might be available to donate and they'll give you a list of the upcoming drives in your area.


No comments:

Post a Comment