I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Distractions be thy name

Joe surprised me with a delicious IPad for my birthday! I'd apologize for not posting in such a long time but I'm too busy having fun!

I just ordered all purple accessories to keep my new toy safe and am learning about all new and wonderful apps to download. It's so nice working in an office full of Apple lovers :)
The other outstanding plus side of having this techno-gem is that I can now use our laptop to watch endless episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer while still being able to check facebook, email and play awesome new games! Joe is benefiting from all of this too because using the laptop and IPad all day long frees up our tv so he can continue p'owing noobs on XBox. Everbody wins!
Mind you this all means Joe and I will definitely not be getting a tan this summer but I think I can handle being pasty if it means playing Words with Friends while catching up on those choice episodes of Buffy that I'd missed.

I must say though, watching all of these episodes of BVS makes me really appreciate the positive changes the fashion industry has endured over the years. I'm telling you people-go and watch one, just one episode and re-live the horrid fashion decisions we all made back in the 90s. I mean shirts that were two sizes too big AND made of weird nylon/polyester blended fibers-of the fluffy variety?! Why oh why?! And all the baby backpacks-yuck! It just kills me. I actually remember wanting those! They're like the fanny pack of the 90s. I had a black denim one that had a drawstring enclosure and buckles! What were we thinking!?

The one really fun part of watching all of these shows again is that I get to spot all of the random celebrities I never noticed started their careers making guest spots! They all played super minor rolls but it's fun picking them out throughout each episode. The one I'm currently watching has the guy from Prison Break and house keeper from Two and a Half Men! And that other dude from A Walk to Remember! Just crazy!

Oh no! The Prison Break Guy and the Walk to Remember Guy just turned into fish-men and ate the Two and a Half Men housekeeper! This episode is intense! I'm telling you people-Hulu is a godsend!

Best weekend ever!!!


PS-My mom and I got our first tattoos together last week-check it out:



Fun huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment