I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm in a Glass Case of Emotion!

This week has been absolutely dreadful! I am a super emotional person and this week has been the most draining week for me. All of this is good but still, I need electrolytes dripping through an IV at this point because I simply cannot give anymore.



I've been gearing up for Harry Potter and since I've read all of the books in the series, I knew just what to expect from the final movie. So I've been on the verge of tears all week thinking about everything that will happen. Joe hasn't read any of the books (or any book for that matter since 1999) so I couldn't discuss anything about the last film with him and of course he just didn't understand what the big deal was.



Then the US Woman's Soccer team had two of the most outstanding performances I've ever been privy to witness and of course that just set me off. And Japan! Let's not forget about them! I mean I know they're playing us in the finals but the fact that a huge natural disaster just crippled their country AND for the first time in their history, the team is going to the finals of a World Cup tournament?! Stick a fork in me people-that's a wrap!


Then-THEN! Joe and I sit down to watch the ESPYs. ARE-YOU-KIDDING-ME?! They not only honor a boxer who was wrongfully imprisoned for 20 years, convicted of a murder he didn't commit; who also grew up to watch his father beat his mother to death and then years later witness his brother get stabbed to death and then come face to face with his brother's killer and forgive him; so then after a decade into his sentence is told by the D.A. during his appeals case, that if he admitted to the murder they would release him and he says NO because he refused to be labeled for a crime he never committed and went back to jail for another ridiculously cruel amount of time. He eventually got out thanks to some uncovered case files that blew his case wide open and now his goal is to coach students in his own gym. The man has no hate and blames no one for the time he had to spend in jail. He doesn't feel his time in jail was time lost because it provided him with a new outlook in life and helped him refocus and re-purpose his life.
BUTTTTT
Then they also decide to honor a high school student who won the national wrestling match this year and oh yeah-he's only got one leg!
And if that wasn't enough to bring a tear to your eye-my man gets on stage and starts telling his story! So he's born with one leg, his biological father walks out, years later his step father walks out leaving him and his mother homeless, his mother then gets very ill, and when he tells his mom he's prepared to quit wrestling so he can get a job and support them - she tells him don't you dare and then he goes and beats last years champion at the national match!
Are you guys following all of this?! This was all in one program! Are you kidding me?! This is just too much! They don't even write movies that are THIS inspirational! Joe just didn't know what to do with me by the end of the show-I was a complete mess. Just fell apart.



Then we finally get to see Harry Potter. And they show a preview for a movie based on a true story about a Dolphin whose tail had to be amputated and is then taught to swim with a prosthetic tail! And it's a true story?!? So I'm going to see Harry Potter after a week of being emotionally drained, partially due to the fact that I'm going to see Harry Potter and this is the preview they choose to open the movie with?!?!? It's just not fair people. I'm telling you. I need a serious nap and a huge bottle of Gatorade, I am not going to recover from all of this anytime soon....


Crying for GOOD reasons? I like it :)

1 comment:

  1. Harry Potter RULES, but the sad part is that the book made me cry more:(. But the movie made me cry a little, too. I don't watch the ESPYs, but the whole boxer thing would certainly be a heart jerker. Since I was with you guys when we saw the movie,the dolhipn thingy was sad, yes, but amazing! Oh, and did i mention HARRY POTTER RULES!

    ReplyDelete