I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Friday, July 29, 2011

But you're only 27....

Well yes I know that. But this might very well be the greatest year of my entire life so far. No, I'm not getting married and there damn sure ain't no baby on the way (no ring, no baby swing, you dig?). But I was sitting down with a girlfriend the other night and we started talking about trips. I happened to mention that I'll be going on a cruise for the first time at the end of August. Then I went on to say that I will also be visiting Disney for the first time as well. In the next breath I jokingly stated that this was the best year of my life and as the words fell from my lips I realized, holy crap-it really is!

Let's just go through this shall we?

Joe's family are big ole Disney freaks. They positively go gaga for Mickey and his pals. Joe has been about 6 times that lucky duck; and it has always been a dream of his to take me there for my first visit to the land where everyone's dreams come true. So last Christmas his family sat everyone down and said guess what, next year around this time (use your Oprah voice here folks)-you're going to Disney! And you're going to Disney! And you and you and you and you're going to Disney!!!!! Holy crap! November 27th kids, it'll be me and Mickey livin' it up, Princess-style! I cannot wait! I will get autographs from all of the characters and I will be wearing Mickey ears everyday! I will ride the Teacups the moment we get into the park and then once more on our last night in town. This is going to be MAGICAL!

You see that? I'm going to be just as happy as Tom Cruise! 
(but more so because I'm not filthy rich so I won't be taking any of this amazing trip of a lifetime for granted)
Someone get me a couch to stomp on!


Second, I get a great new job at the beginning of the year and for the first time I really begin to feel like an adult. I have an adult commute and an adult salary and have started paying bills on time (and sometimes a little sooner) like an adult.

Oh if only my office were a little bigger!


Then after years of wishing and planning, my mother and I get our first tattoos. Tattoos I was able to pay for thanks to my new adult salary. Cha-Ch-ouch!

As Alex, tattoo extraordinaire said, "Your first tattoo is on your skull-that's badass!"

Then my co-workers turn me on to this wonderful radio show called Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and now my adult commute is energized and full of laughter and life. I get into work smiling and, thanks to discovering IHeartRadio, I drive home smiling too. Now, I may be a little obsessed with the show but that's for another post....

I even got to speak with them on air and now have my very own Elvis Duran T-Shirt! Whoo-hoo!


Then Joe's dad calls us and say, hey, you wanna go on a cruise at the end of August? Boy, would I! And there ya go, cabin for two to St. John's, booked and ready to set sail! All aboard!!!

Quick! Someone get me a washcloth folded to look like a bunny!

And to top it all off-I've had the pleasure of using my beautiful IPad, Oscar all summer long! Getting him as a birthday gift from Joe was yet another wonderful milestone this year! Live it up baby! Live-it-up!!

Please note: Depending on your relationship with me, the above statement might not be true.
I love you Oscar!

No comments:

Post a Comment