I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do You, Boo Boo

I've been giving that exact advice for a long time now; as recently as last night in fact. And today it's come full circle.
I was laid off this evening.
I'm not mad and I certainly don't hold any ill will. I'm just very disappointed.



But now I have to lace up my boots and start walkin' so to speak.
Every time you leave a job, whether it be on your terms or theirs, you start a new adventure.

Sure times are tough and the job market makes people act all kinds of crazy, but I'm going to take things one day at a time and hope for the best. I've been unemployed before and while it totally sucks, it also helps you reflect on the goals and desires you have for your next position.

This will now give me time to reorganize my life and once again strive for a job more suitable to what I want in  a long term career.

It's going to be hard, and money is going to be extremely tight. I might cry, a lot, but I'm going to push forward as always because that's really all you can do. You can't change the past, so you gotta do you, boo boo.

1 comment:

  1. It all works out for good people like you. At least you have your degree -- gives you a leg up against non-degree holders like myself!

    ReplyDelete