I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello, Goodmorning....


I've had that song in my head all morning. LOVE it! Hello, goodmorning.

Aziz was amazing last night. After we left I started to think about how very similar he and I are. You may be thinking, you're right Lizz, just like Aziz, you too are a tiny Indian man on a popular network TV show. Funny, you guys are just hilarious, really.

No, I mean that, we're both very unsuspecting fans of all things hip hop. Half of all of his stand up shows reference various hip hop icons. He even throws in select lyrics from these various stars' music to really drive home each joke. It's amazing. And, eventhough I am the whitest white girl you'll ever come across, I understood every reference and song he used during the show. It was epic and I might have peed a little when  he started talking about R. Kelly, just a little.

I felt a little bad for the "older" couple sitting next to us because they clearly had no idea who Aziz was or what the hell he was talking about 75% of the time. They were just there because, like ourselves and a vast number of the audience members, they got the tickets for free.
Now I understand that free shit is awesome. I am a huge advocate for getting stuff, no matter how random, for free. Example:
A friend and I went out to Applebee's for dinner the other night. As most of you know, Applebee's started the whole "2 for $20" campaign where you can get dinner for two people for 20 bucks. I peed a little when this came out because I am both poor and a huge fan of chicken tenders (yes, I'm five). So we decided to utilize this great service and save ourselves a little cash while eating delicious fare.
We were stuffed and my friend had just finished telling me how he gained a little weight over the past holiday and was looking to slim back down. Now, that's cool, good for you, I should probably definitely do the same.
But, we got the 2 for $20 special so eventhough we were fully satisfied, we still had dessert coming to us. Or so I thought.... But when the waitress came over to see if we had room for dessert, my pal said no. No! What?! It's free-it's included! Even if you don't order it-you paid for it so just get it! You don't have to eat it. You could order it and then cut it up and make a chocolate cake sand castle-who cares?! It's free! But no, we didn't get it. Didn't even get the option of taking it to go, my friend said no and that was the end of that. Whaa waaaa. I didn't want to make a fuss over it because, as I said, we literally just finished talking about how fat we both were, but still, free is free that's all I'm saying...

But yeah, so this older couple got these free tickets. And again, I'm not hating on the fact that they took advantage of a free show, but if you've never heard of the guy you're going to see, hit up YouTube. Just one video will give you some kind of idea as to what you're in store for. But no, no clue. They were not amused. I think if anything (especially when Aziz started talking about giving blowjobs to four giant hippos) they were a little disturbed. Lesson learned old folks who-also-love-getting-things-for-free; do your research.

No comments:

Post a Comment