I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Dayyyy!


That's the birdhouse in our backyard. Even our birds got snowed in. My front door looks identical to what they've got goin' on. Needless to say, Mother Nature's kickin' arse and takin' names!

I must confess, I was acting like a total five year old last night, all pouty and hatin' on my family members, because they had all been given the red light (red means stop) and were told they're offices would be closed the next day (today) while my company told us we would be opening late for sure and that we wouldn't hear until sometime the next morning (this morning) if we'd (they'd-not my call) decide to close. 

Now most of you I'm sure, are reading that last bit and saying to yourselves, what was she so worried about? The whole state was shut down after this latest blizzard, how could she have possibly believed she'd have to brave the storm to go into work?

But you see my little snow bunnies, EVERY job I've ever had, has NEVER cared about winter storm warnings. I've never had the luxury of a work snow day and after the first big storm of the season, I was really not looking forward to having to go out and deal with poor road conditions and mountains of snow piles all over again.  

It all worked out in the end though. This time around, Mother Nature seemed really, really pissed about something because she dumped a shitstorm of snow on us and I got the most beautiful wakeup call this morning; it was my boss and she said "Hey Lizz, stay in your pjs! See you tomorrow!" Oh thank you Mother Nature, thank you! SNOWWWWW DAYYYY for meeee!!!! 

Now I should have done what any sane person would do and gone back to bed, but I really had to pee and our window does not provide the best view of which to observe the snowy carnage of last night. So I got up and went exploring.......

Seriously-who pissed off Mother Nature!! I want a name!! This is nuts!


Luckily for me, we only have two shovels AND two strapping men in this household for which to wield those glorious shovels so I was saved from having to deal with any of THAT insanity.... I got a good amount of stuff done around the house, watched a little tv and made some delicious mac and cheese to bring to work for the rest of the week. I'd say so far, this has been one lovely snow day. Now off to make some scrumptious marinated chicken and rice and plop myself down next to my guy and watch some reruns :)
Happy snow day everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment