I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Scenesters, know your roots.

I'm a big Facebooker.  I used to be "Team MySpace" back in the day because you could do more things like customize your page and friend bands and all of that good stuff, you know, before Facebook opened the flood gates and was only for college students. I'm an ole G.

For those of you "Scenesters" out there, thats stands for "Old Gangsta", or "Hipster". You see the difference between "Hipsters" and "Scenesters" is, Hipsters, like myself, are up to date with all of the latest in technology and Pop Culture while maintaining a sense of history (we can name every member of the Beatles including the unfamous ones WHILE playing Beatles Rockband and murdering your gamer score) where as Scenesters (that's mallrats and the like-you know, 12 year olds with cell phones and Kanye shades) are only hip to what's going on right now, they've got no sense of history, they don't know they're roots. They think every P. Diddy beat is his original genius at work...I'm just sayin'. Know your roots people.

Anyways, where was I going with this? Oh yes, big Facebooker. I'm telling you, once Farmville hit it was all over for MySpace, but I digress...
Right now there's this super fun "trend" going on where people post the following message in their status:

Pay it forward 2011: I promise to make something handmade for the first five people who comment. They must in turn post this and make something for the first five who comment on their status. *The rules are it has to be handmade by you, and they must receive it before 2011 ends! *

I must say I absolutely LOVE this idea. Not only have I requested some stuff from friends doing this, but I myself have posted this as my status and have been hard at work coming up with unquie gifts ideas to create for everyone.Once I have everything made and sent out I'll post pictures on here so you can see what I came up with and once I receive my special goodies I'll make sure and share those with you all as well.


If you're on Facebook or even MySpace, I highly recommend you take part in this, it's an awesome way to express yourself and reconnect with friends and it's also really interesting to see what everyone comes up with.


Since I've shared it on here I will share the wealth with my readers (all 1 of you right now). If you post a comment at the end of this post and request something handmade (follow the rules-1st five people who comment) I'll make something for you too. Now who wants some free schwag??
Happy creating kiddos!

2 comments: