I Like It. You don't? Get Your Own Blog.

I Like It. You Don't? Get Your Own Blog.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The waiting game

I brought my camera to work today and wouldn't you know it, my hawk decided to stay home :(
I work next weekend as well so hopefully I'll be able to capture his glorious self nice and upclose.
Our refrigerator has yet to appear as well. I'm getting stood up left and right this week!

Oh well, at least I've got my cat.
Hi. I'm Cash.
Sorry for the dark picture, she actually does have two eyes, not just the one there

She's absolutely amazing. Like most pets, she does have some flaws. She won't share us with the rest of our pets, she never thinks she's clean enough and her claws would give Wolverine a run for his money. Honestly, he'd cry a little. Like all good parents though, we view each one of these flaws as endearing qualities that make our precious baby all the more special.
Oh she can also open doors. Not like a Velociraptor but man if they ever teamed up we'd all be in some serious trouble....

If you've never had the privilege of meeting our little girl, just watch How to Train Your Dragon. Granted, she's a cat and does not breath fire (maybe we can train her to?), but everything Toothless does in the first half hour of that movie is Cash to a tee. The way he moves, faces he makes, even the way he grumbles-totally our super awesome cat. It's uncanny. 

She's also an assassin. You have a mouse problem? Snuggle with Cash for one week so she develops a liking to you and then let her loose in your mouse infested home for the night. The next morning, voilĂ , dead mouse carcass in front of your door with a proud kitty sitting there waiting for a pat and a little praise. 

She doesn't give up either. The other night she caught a mouse she's been hunting for about a week and Joe told her to drop it. She obeyed and when she let the poor fella go he, understandably, ran away. Cash tore up the place trying to catch him again but he was gone.... for a day anyway. The next night, he stupidly stepped out again and that was the end. Cash always gets her mouse. 

Oh and she got her name because she was originally adopted by a company I used to work for. They sold and programed cash registers hence, the name Cash. I actually really picked it because I was heavily into Johnny Cash's greatest hits at the time but I let the bosses think it was about the job. They got her hoping she'd handle their mouse problem but they didn't treat her very well so she didn't do any work for em. They were annoyed by this fact and let me take her home and now we're laughing all the way to the mouse graveyard bank. 

Cash: you'd be lucky if you had a cat as awesome as her, but you don't. I like love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment